Wednesday 10 June 2009

I'm dairy and wheat free!!!

And it's hard going...

It's not the dairy that's the problem, although not eating cheese is a little tough, it's the wheat.

Until you try to cut it out you just don't realise how many foods are wheat based or contain wheat. You need to plan what you are going to eat at least a day ahead to make sure you have enough food/ingredients.

I forgot to take a packed lunch to work on Monday and I had to spend £9 to buy a lunch and some snacks that didn't contain wheat....

That said, tuna, bean & olive salad that I bought was very, very nice.

I must say, I'm enjoying the new diet, it just isn't terribly convenient...

Here's one of the few wheat & dairy free recipe sites I could find: Hub UK

(I'm doing it to see if it helps my sinuses by the way :))

No comments:

Post a Comment