Tuesday 26 May 2009

Birthday Dinner & Home Cooking

Nothing to do with cooking this time, rather about food in general, restaurant food in particular.

It was my birthday on Friday and my other half took me out.

The restaurant was very nice as was the food but there was just something wrong with every course.

The starter was tricky to eat with the utensils provided.

The main Calves Liver, was undercooked for my tastes.

The desert had some very odd flavour combinations...

And it got me to thinking about the old saying about not being able to beat home cooked food.

When you cook at home you choose how to eat the starter, you choose how well done the food is and you choose the flavour combinations.

I guess it's no guarantee of quality but you (or the family cook) are (is) in charge and that makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment